Chatham County (NC) Commissioner Sally Kost
A Knowledgeable and Experienced County Leader
- County Commissioner since 2008, former Chair of the Board
- Former Planning Board Member and Chair
- Former Budget Director for Wake and Orange Counties
- Native North Carolinian and NC State Grad
- Has served on numerous regional boards including transportation, planning, and finance
- Professional experience at federal, state, and local levels
- Master's Degree in Public Administration
Sally is passionate about public education and understands that quality schools are key to a healthy and prosperous community.
Sally has courageously fought against fracking and other assaults on the environment that would harm the water we drink and the air we breathe.
Sally's knowledge of county budgeting has made her a strong financial steward of your tax dollars and an advocate for maintaining needed county services and community investments, such as arts funding and the bookmobile.
Sally is an experienced leader, who knows how to bring about open and collaborative decision-making to county government.
Thank You For Your Support!
A sincere thank you to all who worked in Chatham County to promote the strong slate of Democratic candidates. Turning out the vote was key, and from knocking doors, telephone calling, stuffing and mailing thousands of letters and newspapers, to raising the needed money to get the message out, working the polls to greet the voters, you all did it. Your hard work paid off, and I am extremely grateful.
I will continue my commitment to open, citizen-based decision-making, protecting our environment, growing our towns so that good-paying jobs are created for our citizens, and working with our Board of Education and our community college to ensure that education remains our top priority.
Explore my website for more information about the Board of Commissioners and my work representing Chatham County. Your continued support is valued and appreciated, and is important to assure that I am able to continue serving our community to work on plans that are vital to the growth and success of the county's economy and social support systems.
- The Chatham County (NC) Democratic Party (CCDP)
- See the Chatham County (NC) Commissioners 2011 Voting Score Card
- See the 2011 - 2013 Monthly Summaries of the Commissioners Meetings (Work and Regular Sessions)
Campaign to Re-Elect Sally Kost 1101 New Hope Church Road Apex, NC 27523 919-367-0727